Report 3 June ride.

If you are leading a ride, post some preliminary details here...... We also welcome non-derogatory feedback.

Moderators: wayne, JayGee

wayne
Motormouth

Report 3 June ride.

Post by wayne » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Small group of 9 turned up for a decide and ride this morning. Fine day but a chilly 7 degrees. In accordance with usual Ulyssess Perth branch practices, a civil, democratic debate and decision process culminated in the decision for a ride to Greenhills tavern. The route which had been determined the prior evening in the absence of alternative routes would be via Pickering Brook, Karragullen, Westdale road, Beverley, Mawsons Road to Greenhills Tavern. Morning coffee stop at Karragullen. The cool weather had an impact on the ride leader resulting in an unscheduled stop in Beverley, and as it turned out, relief was enjoyed by all.

Seven of us made it to lunch at the Tavern where the publican was quite insistent that we have roast beef for lunch. So we did, six of us!!

Our return journey via York and Talbot Rd West ( are you reading this JM) always enjoyed until Clive's ageing Suzuki decided to stop. Some roadside adjustments and a quiet ride home for Clive.

Refuelling at The Lakes provided a tale of caution for anyone (me) who has ideas of challenging our reigning fuel miser king. The king reigns supreme using 1 litre less fuel than the rest of us!! Any challengers to his title will need to exercise extreme discipline and throttle control. Guidelines for challengers . . . launch from red lights at the pace of a Mack truck towing a Double B fully loaded. Gear changes and revs never above 3600.

Great day out,Thanks to Chris for Tec duties.
Attachments
Greenhills Tavern 3.6.18.jpg
Greenhills Tavern 3.6.18.jpg (322.63 KiB) Viewed 66 times

EdLowe
Motormouth

Re: Report 3 June ride.

Post by EdLowe » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:44 pm

Great day for riding on some great roads.

You can try the "Mack truck" approach Wayne, but it's not what I do. The triumph 1050 triple is the secret for performance AND economy.

I've never seen someone's front brakes seize before today. It certainly gets your attention. Nice puff of blue smoke!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

wayne
Motormouth

Re: Report 3 June ride.

Post by wayne » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 am

I really thought I would be a challenger Ed, and yesterday, topped up with 11.9 litres and looked at your bowser 10.6 litres !! Put me in a state of depression. Bike comparison, capacity 800 v 1050, Wet weight 207 v 265, Power 70 v 96 and I use more fuel! WTF!

Still taking up the challenge tho, might have to enter wrist control boot camp.

Or enlist the support of Bruce on his GS and I hear those vvvtec 800 thingys are very economical. They look good in white too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic