World Bee Day

A place to post non bike stuff, jokes, rumours, or just fun threads of idle banter. Please try to be tasteful - politically incorrect is one thing, downright filthy is another. Malicious insults are not acceptable.

Moderator: JayGee

BillWest
Site Admin

World Bee Day

Post by BillWest » Sun May 20, 2018 7:01 pm

This one is for Buzz.

World Bee Day, 20 May 2018

For centuries bees, busy as they are known to be, have benefited people, plants and the planet. But did you know that bees are not the only ones that sustain life on earth? By carrying pollen from one flower to another, bees, butterflies, birds, bats and other pollinators facilitate and improve food production, thus contributing to food security and nutrition. Pollination also has a positive impact on the environment in general, helping to maintain biodiversity and the vibrant ecosystems upon which agriculture depends.

This one is for some others:

This day is not to be confused with World Bidet
(info here).
Men should remember, they can be right, or they can be happy.

Buzz
Foghorn

Re: World Bee Day. Buzz replies

Post by Buzz » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi there.
I missed this post before.
I do have 1 of the latest bidets possible, so if anyone wants to ask appropriate questions of me, they are welcome to at the meeting, but not as a post on this website please!!!
You can imagine that some Cancer patients have unusual, or awkward side effects from their Chemo treatments, & I have 1 side effect like that, where a bidet can be useful.
I have noticed a greater interest in this equipment at the home shows, especially in the area of Aged Care.
As Bill mentioned, they can be almost automatic, & mine has 14 different buttons on the remote control, even drying.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to give much feedback, as I have only used it once, & that was to test it.
Buzz.

Buzz
Foghorn

Re: World Bee Day Buzz replies.

Post by Buzz » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Thanks for the post re Bees, Bill.
Many people are "bee aware", because I have had 2 books lent to me just recently about Bees. One from a noteable Ulyssian member, whose 1st name starts with K.
I try to sign as many petitions that I can against Monsanto, & the other huge companies that make a profit producing weedkillers that kill bees.
Did you know that there are about 1,660 different species of Bee found in Australia alone.??
I was v. lucky to be alive after a bee got into my helmet on a ride with the Bunbury branch. About year 2001.I just SHAVED an oncoming car.
This is the connection with the Ulysses club that Bees have. When we ride bikes, they like to fly into our gear, to test us.
Beye Buzz.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic