- Posts: 108
- Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:03 pm
- Location: A little south of reality as you know it
I've just put new Angel GT tyres on my 2013 Triumph Sprint GT, so here's some info for those considering new tyres.
Here's the "kilometerage" for my last two sets...
PR4 - 19611 km
- Still legal when changed, but only just
- These were the ordinary PR4s, not the high-load type
Angel GT - 19910 km
- Again still legal, but pretty much done shape-wise. The front held out better that the PR4 front
- The rear was the high-load "A" type
- The rear had a plug fitted into a nail hole after it had done 6608 kms. No problems for the remaining 13392 kms, so if you've been told that using a plugged tyre is "suicide" my experience doesn't support that argument. Others may have different stories to tell.
- Includes Melbourne and return. About 8,000 km
Both PR4s and Angel GTs feel good in the dry and the wet.
The Sprint weighs 260 kg wet without any luggage fitted.