1. Put bike on centre stand so rear wheel is clear of the ground.
2. Use a clean rag held firmly in you hand to enclose the lower portion of the
chain between the rear sprocket and the engine.
3. With your free hand rotate the rear wheel so that the chain travels from the rear sprocket to the engine passing through the rag.
4. When the chain is reasonably clean place a piece of cardboard between the chain and the rear wheel.
5. Use an aerosol spray can containing a product such as CRC White Lithium Grease to apply a light coat of grease to the rollers of the chain while rotating the wheel so the chain travels from the rear sprocket to the engine.
6. Allow to dry overnight or for at least 4 hours.
7.Rear wheel will be nice and clean no spatter.
Sarah Conner... Give me your hand if you want to live.