Honda 400

Discussion about social, ride, charity and other club activities in Ulysses WA. Growing old is not for pussies.

Moderator: JayGee

wayne
Motormouth

Honda 400

Post by wayne » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:32 am

My CB400 for you JM. This is part of a picture taken in 1980. Bikini fairing, bar end mirrors and "flat bars". The end of the muffler was drilled. I recall occasionally testing the noise tolerance levels of neighbors by simply unbolting the muffler and riding with nothing but the header pipes.

My most vivid memory was a trip at new year to Esperance. Returning on new years day it was 40 degrees. The economy run from Esperance to Ravensthorpe did not go well!!
Attachments
Honda 400 - Copy.jpg
Honda 400 - Copy.jpg (192.56 KiB) Viewed 499 times

KURODORI
Jaw Flapper

Re: Honda 400

Post by KURODORI » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:41 pm

+
+
Thanks for that Wayne.

I remember my first ride on one of these, I think in 1976 when my uncle bought one. It was a pretty special bike in its day and I remember it being quite smooth and powerful. At the time I had an XL250 for enduros and the CB400 was a revelation - a stylish and nice handling bike. This is the reason I bought my current 400. When they appeared as an official import, now with a liquid-cooled VTEC engine and 53hp, I saw one in the showroom in 2009, and I couldn't resist the temptation to buy one. I've never regretted the purchase. I love riding this little beauty! JM

+
+
"The rare power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by the countless who have not got it, and even common sense is not so common" -- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic