Dither and yon! Decide and ride 21st Oct

If you are leading a ride, post some preliminary details here...... We also welcome non-derogatory feedback.
EdLowe
Motormouth

Dither and yon! Decide and ride 21st Oct

Post by EdLowe » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Five riders turned up at East Perth this morning, each equiped with a different semi-reasonable set of reasons why it wouldn't rain.
And it worked, as far as Bindoon. The only semi-serious shower was in the carpark outside the bakery.

After setting the world to rights over coffee Fred decided to take the mighty Legend home before it became over-excited. The rest of us decided that the lure of Dewer's Pool Rd was not to be denied. Simon said that he had a plan for the run home from Toodyay, he event tried to show it to us but no-one had their reading glasses.

It rained a bit between Bindoon and Today but the roads were still pretty dry.

Simon's plan was indeed a good one and the run home was a lot of fun. Unfortunately a couple of style points were lost when we came to 500 m of unsealed roadworks near Chidlow.

The only serious rain of the day was between Mundaring and Perth, and that was patchy.

Thanks Dave. Danny, Simon and Fred for a good ride. After five weeks in Europe and another with the flu I really needed it.

Ed
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left