GERALDTON ULYSSES

Home Page | Members Wheels | Ride Calendar | Past Rides and Adventures | Photo Gallery | Club Links | Adventure Riders | Contacts | For Sale | Discount Page

  

GERALDTON BRANCH

MEETING NOTES 6th JUNE 2018

Meeting opened at 1930hrs. Meeting held at Freemasons chaired by Peter Moore.

PRESENT:

Dale Clifton, Peter Bannister, John Norton, Chris Kowald, Linda and Nungers, Peter Moore, Terry Brennan.

APOLOGIES:

Clayton Cream, Ray Haynes, Teresse and Tony Bussey, Gary Warner.

CORRESPONDENCE IN:

RV Club Rally info and Odyssey Mount Barker Registration Email.

Peter had a call from Ellen from Joondalup Club saying some of them are coming up in July and would like to have a catch up. She will call back with more info closer to the date.

CORRESPONDENCE OUT:

Nil

BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES:

Rider down first aid training. Dale has contacted Sandra McGillivray as requested and Sandra has sent out info to her group. Peter Bannister has put a flyer up at the bike shop. Linda and Terry said there shouldn’t be a problem for us to use the same building as last time. Dale haven’t received any notifications of interest from anyone. Please email Dale dale_clifton_42@hotmail.com if you are interested. We probably have enough of our own members to go ahead and set up date with Janine.

We can then put out flyer with date and location and may get more interest once people know the date.

 Carnarvon Rally – Chris said weather was great, got wet coming home but not too bad, weekend was fine. Everyone had a good laugh, good food and company. Trips out to the Blow Holes and Gascoyne Junction and in general around the place, some went to Coral Bay. It was well organized and everyone had a great time.

 Christmas in July at Nanga on the 28/29 July. Nungers in checking it out and will but it on Google Groups and emailing.

 Suggestion we go to Gingin Gravity Discovery Centre when the weather is warmer overnighter. Have to organize timing with Observatory as tours and star gazing not on all the time.http://gravitycentre.com.au/

Suggestion by Terry that we go to Ninghan for overnighter 60km South of Paynes Find when we want to go to Paynes Find.

 Update from Peter about Geraldton Motorcycle friendly project. There are some new bike parking spots and there is a flyer about 3 rides around the area.

 Nungers is going to change the website to show the meeting place as Freemasons now.

GENERAL BUSINESS:

Bring and share at Teresse and Tony 22 June at 21 Chapman Valley Road Glenfield

5.30 - 6pm BYO everything and chair in case.

CALENDAR DISCUSSION:

See below and website.

FUTURE ACTIVITIES:

 Hutt River run

 Yuna BBQ Ride

 Odyssey 22nd – 24th Sep 2018

 Payne Find see the Gold Battery Museum – Mt. Magnet, Payne Find, Wubin

Ninghan for overnighter 60km South of Paynes Find

 Wooramel Station stay

 York weekender

 Camping at Lake Indoon

 Possible Christmas in July - Wooramel Station?

Ray & Mark - Dandaragan ride possible overnighter at Redgum Village. http://www.redgumvillage.com.au

Visit to the Gingin Observatory 9575 7740 Over-nighter at Gingin. Has day & night tours http://gravitycentre.com.au/observatory/

 Coorow overnighter at the pub late breakfast at Greenhead.

NEXT MEETING:

Next meeting will be at the Freemasons hotel time 7:30pm on 4th July to be chaired by John Norton. Meet there for dinner beforehand if you wish. The meeting closed at 8.25pm.

 


 

GERALDTON BRANCH

MEETING NOTES 2nd MAY 2018

Meeting opened at 1930hrs. Meeting held at Freemasons chaired by Peter Bannister.

PRESENT:

Dale Clifton, Peter Bannister, John Norton, Ray Haynes, Mark Chrimes, Bruce Ralph, Chris Kowald, Linda and Graham King, Cyril McKenzie. Apologies to Cyril for leaving him off the last minutes.

APOLOGIES:

Clayton Cream, Greg Davis, Peter Moore, Ross Herbert, Daryll & Libby McCaffrey, Robin Judd, Teresse and Tony Bussey.

CORRESPONDENCE IN:

Nil

CORRESPONDENCE OUT:

Nil

BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES:

·         Rider down first aid training. Email with details has been sent to everyone. Please email Dale dale_clifton_42@hotmail.com if you are interested. When we have numbers we can organize date and location. Dale is contacting Sandra McGillivray again from the Black dog ride to see if there has been any interest. Peter Bannister is putting a flyer up at the bike shop. Linda is checking with the hospital to see if we can use the same building as last time. When we know we have enough numbers Ray will organize with Janine.

·         Dawn Service in Mingenew 6 members went. They said it was good but the PA unit stopped working for 20mins. They had a good breakfast.

·         York run for the bike show. Good ride and went via Beverly. Ulysses had a stand in the main street that went well, lots of brochures etc. 32 vintage bikes to look at and other stalls. Lots of people and there were rides set up for the area. At less 3000 people there.

·         The Freemasons has made us welcome and set up some platers for us to have at this meeting.

GENERAL BUSINESS:                

·         Valley Tavern Nabawa – Ring about the availability of meals on the 13th May (Mother’s Day) as they said they were noi sure if meals would be available. Update: Rang the Tavern and meals are on.

·         Ray suggested that a few thank you’s be made.

Thank you to Dale for doing the minutes

Thank you to Nungers for looking after the web site.

Thank you to Peter M for all his work organizing things for the club.

Thank you to Gary for all his hard work on the Riding On magazine

·         Peter Bannister has been asked by 2 ladies that are doing their Bucket list if there is any chance of a ride on the back of a big bike some time. If you can help contact Peter and he will organize. Peter has lots of helmets so that shouldn’t be a problem.

·         Bruce asked if he should change the ad in the Mid West paper to show we are now meeting at the Freemasons. It was agreed and Nungers is going to change the website as well.

·         Rally 2nd – 4th June Don’t forget the Carnarvon Rally. Who’s going and when are you leaving and from where? Can you let Dale know please.

·         Christmas in July ideas please – Nanga – Carnarvon maybe on the 28/29 July?

·         Gingin Observatory over-nighter was suggested again. Worth a visit. Have to organize timing with Observatory as tours and star gazing not on all the time.

·         Just a reminder that you can opt out of paper magazine and view electronic if you wish. You can change it on the Ulysses Web site.

CALENDAR DISCUSSION:

See below and website.

FUTURE ACTIVITIES:

  • Hutt River run
  • Yuna BBQ Ride

·         Rally 2nd – 4th June 2018

·         Odyssey 22nd – 24th Sep 2018

·         Payne Find see the Gold Battery Museum – Mt. Magnet, Payne Find, Wubin

  • Wooramel Station stay
  • York weekender
  • Camping at Lake Indoon
  • Possible Christmas in July - Wooramel Station?

·         Ray & Mark - Dandaragan ride possible overnighter at Redgum Village. http://www.redgumvillage.com.au

·         Visit to the Gingin Observatory 9575 7740 Over-nighter at Gingin. Has day & night tours http://gravitycentre.com.au/observatory/

·         Coorow overnighter at the pub late breakfast at Greenhead.

 

NEXT MEETING:

Next meeting will be at the Freemasons hotel time 7:30pm on 6th June to be chaired by Peter Moore. Meet there for dinner beforehand if you wish. The meeting closed at 8.44pm.


 

GERALDTON BRANCH

MEETING NOTES 4TH APRIL 2018

Meeting opened at 1930hrs. Meeting held at Professionals Real Estate chaired by Ray Haynes.

PRESENT:

Dale Clifton, John Norton, Daryll & Libby McCaffrey, Robin Judd, Garry Crips, Ray Haynes, Mark Chrimes, Bruce Ralph, Chris Kowald, Linda and Graham King.

APOLOGIES:

Clayton Cream, Peter Moore, Peter Bannister, Ross Herbert

CORRESPONDENCE IN:

Rider down email

CORRESPONDENCE OUT:

Nil

BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES:

We received reply from Janine about Rider down first aid training. Email with details has been sent to everyone. We need to know who is interested and in which training. Please email Dale dale_clifton_42@hotmail.com to say which one you wish to do. When we have numbers we can organize date and location. Dale also contacting Sandra McGillivray from the Black dog ride

 Rotary Quiz night 24 March was good and Ulysses table got 4th. Thank you to those that participated. There was an auction and about $13000 was raised. Money going to PCYC and Hollard Street School.

 Mandurah Mob BBQ. About 20 Mandurah members and 4 Geraldton members attended and everyone had a good time and catch up.

 Black dog ride was well organized and riders behaved well. 157 bikes participated and there was an auction at Northampton.

 Some members checked out the Foodary and said they didn’t think it was suitable. Cyril put up a motion to keep the existing arrangements. Second by Linda, motion carried.

GENERAL BUSINESS:

Many thanks to Cyril for the use of his office for this meeting due to the Freemasons hotel being closed.

 I have been in contact with the Bev at the Freemasons and they should be up and running tomorrow as usual and will try and make it up to us for being closed and not letting us know. Cyril put up a motion to keep the existing arrangements. Second by Linda and carried.

 Herbie had an operation and will be home Saturday. He is ok but sore and trying to get better quick as he wants to go to the AGM!

 York Festival – Some are going to the Festival contact Nungers if you want more information.

 Valley Tavern Nabawa - I have rang the tavern and they said to ring back on the 16 April to see if they are doing meals on Mother’s Day.

CALENDAR DISCUSSION:

See below and website.

FUTURE ACTIVITIES:

 Hutt River run

 Yuna BBQ Ride

 York festival 15th April 2018

 AGM 7th - 13th May 2018

 Rally 2nd – 4th June 2018

 Odyssey 22nd – 24th Sep 2018

 Payne Find see the Gold Battery Museum

 Wooramel Station stay

 York weekender

 Camping at Lake Indoon

 Possible Christmas in July - Wooramel Station

Ray & Mark - Dandaragan ride possible overnighter at Redgum Village. http://www.redgumvillage.com.au

 Visit to the Gingin Observatory 9575 7740

 Coorow overnighter at the pub late breakfast at Greenhead.

NEXT MEETING:

Next meeting will be at the Freemasons hotel time 7:30pm on 2 April to be chaired by Peter Bannister. Meet there for dinner beforehand if you wish. The meeting closed at 8.35pm

Home Page | Members Wheels | Ride Calendar | Past Rides and Adventures | Photo Gallery | Club Links | Adventure Riders | Contacts | For Sale | Discount Page