- This event has passed.
New Year Short Ride
January 5 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Anticipating a hot start to the new year, this will be a short ride to a new morning tea stop.
- Depart East Perth at normal 9am
- Ride duration of 70 minutes which can be shortened if temperatures are extreme
- Most of the ride will be on Tonkin Hwy and Freeway to minimise lights and stopping. Also includes a tour through Gnangara and Jandabup.
- Destination Kaffeine Cafe Gwelup
- Gwelup is close to Reid Hwy and Mitchell Fwy for those wanting to continue further.
- Meets the PPP criteria
- Pillions, Guests, Prospective members, all welcome to join us
- The suburb of Gwelup takes its name from a small swampy lake located in the southern portion of the suburb. The feature is recorded in Lands Department records in 1878 as Gwelup Swamp and in recent years as the surrounds have been cleared and filled, it has been recorded as a lake. The Aboriginal meaning of the name has been derived from “Gwelgannow” which means to “shift the position” and “step aside” and would therefore probably be “the lake that shifted position”.
- Ride Leader Wayne 0401796018